Bring the family this year! Camp staff will provide programming for children between 5 and 12 years old while you are in workshops. Younger kids will be considered as long as they are self-sufficient (no surprise diaper changing for the hard-working staff, please). Cost is $45 for one day or $80 per child for both Saturday and Sunday*. Price includes meals, programming, lodging and access to facilities. Children 4 and younger, not participating in Kidference, can come free of charge!
Kidference will teach your child some basic skills and develop interest in joining the next generation of experiential education instructors. It ain’t just babysitting anymore.
Kidference schedule includes:
- Friday night, during the Keynote, a wilderness/ environmental themed, kid appropriate movie & popcorn
- Saturday, 8:45 am – noon, age appropriate 1⁄2 mile forest ecology hike to the bouldering room and supervised bouldering
- Saturday, 1:00 pm – 4:30 pm, low challenge course programming and/or an art project made with sticks and leaves gathered during the morning hike
- Saturday, kids can join parents for Fun Run at 4:45
- Saturday night, camp fire with s’mores or night hike
- Sunday, 8:45 am – noon, beaver dam ecology at the local beaver pond and/or outdoor living skills – building debris shelters, age-appropriate fire skills
- Sunday lunch – presentation of art projects
The schedule is subject to change as weather, student numbers, and ages dictate. But there will be intentional, experiential development and training of your seedling.