Project Fund application deadline is March 1st
The Northeast Regional Advisory Council (NERAC) has a goal of improving the field of experiential education by developing and supporting a community of practitioners and experiential programs. To that end, NERAC sets aside a certain amount of money in its budget each year to be given out in the form of small grants. A typical Project Fund grant is in the range of $250 to $1,000.
The goal of the Project Fund is to support projects that will bring a positive benefit to the region and to AEE as a whole. Projects must be applied to new initiatives.
We encourage any member working on an event or project that strengthens experiential education to apply for support from NERAC. We hope to support innovative projects that will make a difference, such as:
- expanding experiential possibilities for classroom teachers
- creating archives of practices that can be used to inspire further work
- developing dialogues and events that bring educators together
- supporting research
- insert your great idea here!
While any AEE member is welcome to apply for funding, projects occurring in the Northeast Region and/or being facilitated by Northeast region members will be given preference.
Applicants to the Project Fund must:
- Be current student, individual or organizational members of the Association for Experiential Education
- Submit an application covering the following topics:
- What is the nature and scope of the project?
- Who and what will be involved?
- How the project will be communicated to AEE and the EE community?
- How will the program impact AEE or EE?
- Proposed Budget including the following information:
- Total budget for project
- How Project Fund money would be applied
- Not seek funding for a project that brings financial gain to themselves.
- Commit to follow-up activity, such as:
- a final report
- a conference workshop
- a publication for the webpage or newsletter
- a new activity or program
- Agree to have your application and follow up materials published by AEE.
Applications are reviewed at the next Council meeting, (mid January, mid April, mid September) and you can expect to hear back from us within a month of our meeting.
The Membership Recognition Coordinator can also provide information on successful past applicants and other advice to guide your application process.
Please send questions and proposals for the NERAC Project Fund to:
Woody Belt - Member Services Coordinator